Wednesday, September 23, 2009

grey's anatomy turned construction

The other night was a girls' night with my mother and sister in law. A typical girls' night with junk food, blankets while watching the season finale of grey's anatomy to prep us for the season premiere on Thursday... normal right? Totally. and then my brother-in-law gets home from work and begins to show us these manic videos on youtube where tons of people randomly freeze in these popular, people filled places. I should have known then that the rest of the night would ensue in complete hilarity. 

These videos apparently hyped up my mother-in-law as she scrambled to get her shoes on and tried to convince her two daughter-in-laws to walk down the street to see where her new house would be built. However, at the beginning of the night, she told us not to let her go down there because her husband had told her not to go so she wouldn't get stressed out... easy. Just walk her to her car and say goodnight - no mishaps then right? But you don't know my mother-in-law. 

Being the lovely and determined woman she is, she threw the comment, "I'll go with or without you" over her shoulder as she starts to walk down the sidewalk in the middle of the night. Erin and I looked at each other and shook our heads as we rushed to catch up with her. We get to the site, which is currently a construction site right now and we stand at the edge and peer into the dark, thinking that Chris will simply stand there in the light with us and talk about her house from there... no such luck. She's begins to walk further and further into the darkness and upon seeing her two daughters standing back in the street she yells, "wussses!" To which we then began following, determined to shake loose the term that had been laid on us. So here we are at 10 o'clock at night, clambering up rock piles, through concrete masses and construction debris, all the while trying to escape falling into the ten foot holes of doom that were seemingly everywhere. And then we stood in the dark while our mother-in-law described how a pile of rocks was eventually going to be her brand new home. At this point she walked around and eventually I told her that if she was going to make us trespass on this construction site, I at least wanted a picture of proof to show Jack when I next saw him. So she climbed this massive pile of rocks with this huge dozer sitting on top of it and leans against it, ready to pose. I tried taking a picture with my blackberry but it was so dark in the construction site that my flash did absolutely nothing but pick up on Chris' white jacket. 

and this is how a normal girls' night turned into an adventure lead by my crazy, lovable mother-in-law... ha, what a firecracker

No comments:

Post a Comment